Landlord FAQ

What is covered by Landlord insurance?

You are covered for 12 insured events including malicious acts, fire or smoke and storm damage. There are also other benefits that may apply to your buildings, contents or both. These benefits include cover for fusion and legal liability. You can also select to take out our optional Rent Default and Theft by Tenant cover as well.

Do I need to inform you if I am renovating my investment property?

Yes. Before commencing renovations it is important that you notify our staff as it may affect the terms and conditions of your policy. It is also important that you increase your sum insured to reflect any extensions or renovations to make sure you are adequately covered in the event of a claim.

Can I get a landlord insurance quote online?

You can use the National Seniors Insurance online quote service to get a landlord insurance quote online - click here to start.

The tenant has advised they started a business from home. Should I notify National Seniors Insurance?

It is important that the insurer who underwrites the policy for National Seniors Insurance, Allianz, is informed of any change in use of the premises as it may affect whether you are covered.

How do I make a landlord insurance claim?

The fastest, easiest way is to lodge a claim online. You can submit your landlord insurance claim notification 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It takes less than 10 minutes to complete the form with National Seniors Insurances' underwriter, Allianz , and once received, one of Allianz' Claims Service Consultants will contact you within 4 business hours. Alternatively, you can contact National Seniors on 1300 50 50 99 and be transferred to the Allianz claims team.